If you’re new to working out, just getting back into the game, or have concerns with joints or injuries, low-impact cardio is a safe and effective method of exercise.
1. Keep one foot on the ground with cardio kickboxing
A workout that can easily be made low-impact, cardio kickboxing combines boxing moves with cardio to get you sweating in no time. Amazing! 3 Spiralizer Recipes
And you don’t need a bag either — all moves are performed in the air, which means less impact, too.
2. Focus on the rowing at the gym
You’ll need access to a rowing machine, so this will most likely be a gym-based workout.
Keep proper form:
- Sit on the rower, bend your knees to strap your feet into the platform, and grab hold of the handlebar. Position your shins vertically with your upper body slightly bent forward and your arms straight.
- Pushing through your heels, press your legs against the platform. Bring your upper body just past perpendicular to the ground and pull your arms back into a row. Your legs should be completely extended. 4 Ideas for Scheduling College Courses
- Allow your upper body to bend back toward the platform, and once your hands pass your knees, begin to bend your legs and return to the starting position.
3. Join a gym and go swimming
Buoyancy in the water reduces stress on your body by helping to support your weight, but that doesn’t mean it’s a thoughtless workout — swimming incorporates cardio, strength, and flexibility in one workout. Amazing! 3 Spiralizer Recipes
Even the basic freestyle stroke engages muscles throughout the upper and lower body — especially your shoulders, triceps, pecs, and quads — as well as your core.
4. Get your fit on with TRX
Created by a Navy Seal, TRX utilizes straps that play on gravity and the user’s body weight for a strength and cardio workout. 3 Tips To Reduce High Blood Pressure
The user can tailor each exercise’s difficulty based on fitness level, and the straps can provide support when needed.
Unless you have a set of straps at home, you’ll have to head to the gym to do TRX suspension training, but it will be well worth the trip.
Do some research beforehand on correct technique, or see if a trainer will demonstrate some of the basic moves.
Please Click To Subscribe Ana Fashion Blog. I am Ana.